Complete in Christ
by Paul Tautges | March 27, 2012 3:32 am
In one of our Bible classes this past Sunday we studied a portion of the second chapter of Colossians. Special emphasis was placed in our discussion upon the reason we ought not be taken captive, “through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.” What is the reason? “For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete” (2:8-10). What glorious truth! Since then the words of this hymn, Complete in Thee, have filled my head and heart.
- Complete in Thee! No work of mine may take, dear Lord, the place of Thine; Thy blood hath pardon bought for me, and I am now complete in Thee.
- [Refrain]: Yea, justified! O blessed thought! And sanctified! Salvation wrought! Thy blood hath pardon bought for me, and glorified, I too, shall be!
- Complete in Thee—no more shall sin, Thy grace hath conquered, reign within; Thy voice shall bid the tempter flee, and I shall stand complete in Thee.
- Complete in Thee—each want supplied, and no good thing to me denied; since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be, I ask no more, complete in Thee.
- Dear Savior! when before Thy bar all tribes and tongues assembled are, among Thy chosen will I be, at Thy right hand—complete in Thee.
LISTEN to the hymn here or an a capella version here.
- here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jLxiYRvtc
- here: http://vimeo.com/23772907
- [Image] Follow: http://www.specificfeeds.com/follow
- : https://twitter.com/share
- [Image] : mailto:?subject=Complete%20in%20Christ&body=Complete%20in%20Christ%20-%20http%3A%2F%2Fcounselingoneanother.com%2F2012%2F03%2F27%2Fcomplete-in-christ%2F
Source URL: http://counselingoneanother.com/2012/03/27/complete-in-christ/
Copyright ©2019 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.