This morning, after spending time in Psalm 34, I read through a portion of Kenneth Boa’s wonderful devotional book Face to Face, Volume 1: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship. One particular section ministered to my heart and soul as I prayed through Scriptures related to the return of Christ.
I hope it will minister to your heart as well. The section reads as follows:
Lord Jesus, I eagerly await the day when You will come again:
- Your kingdom come, Your will be done. (Matthew 6:10)
- You have said, “I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. (Revelation 22:20)
- I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to me. (Romans 8:18)
- I will not lose heart, but though my outer self is decaying, yet my inner self is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for me an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while I look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
- My citizenship is in heaven, from which also I eagerly wait for You, my Savior, my Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 3:20)