A.C.T.S. of Prayer
by Paul Tautges | November 11, 2015 3:16 am
Sometimes we struggle with prayer because we don’t have a specific plan for our time alone with the Lord. Therefore, for many years, the ACTS strategy has been a helpful tool for believers. Perhaps you are already familiar with this simple plan, but maybe you are not. So, let me remind you of something you may have forgotten or introduce you to a brand new idea.
Here’s how it works. Each letter in A.C.T.S. stands for a phase of prayer, indicated by bold, uppercase titles, below. Follow the simple suggestions below each phase. I hope this will be a blessing to you.
- Read 1 Chronicles 29:10-12; Psalm 100:1-5; and Psalm 34:1-3.
- Spend 10 minutes praising God for His attributes.
- Sing your favorite hymn or song of praise to God.
- Read Psalm 130:5-6; Psalm 19:13-14; and 1 John 1:7-9
- Sing a song of confession, such as Cleanse Me or Change My Heart, O God.
- Spend time in personal confession to the Lord.
- Read Psalm 107:22; Ephesians 3:20-21
- Spend time thanking God for specific works He has done and ways He has blessed you and answered prayer.
- Sing another song of praise and thanksgiving to the Lord.
- Read Matthew 7:7; Philippians 4:6-7, and James 5:13-16.
- Spend time bringing your specific requests to the Lord, submitting your heart to His will.
- Sing another song of worship to the Lord.
The ACTS of Prayer is also a blessing to do as a group, with a few other believers.
- [Image] Follow: http://www.specificfeeds.com/follow
- : https://twitter.com/share
- [Image] : mailto:?subject=A.C.T.S.%20of%20Prayer&body=A.C.T.S.%20of%20Prayer%20-%20http%3A%2F%2Fcounselingoneanother.com%2F2015%2F11%2F11%2Fa-c-t-s-of-prayer%2F
Source URL: http://counselingoneanother.com/2015/11/11/a-c-t-s-of-prayer/
Copyright ©2019 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.