“Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.” Now, of course, we know that’s not true. The Bible warns us that our words have power. They can either destroy or nourish. There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing (Proverbs 12:18). Death and life are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21).
Polls and surveys consistently reveal that the number one issue that weakens and damages marriage and family relationships is poor communication and unresolved conflict. Many couples and families struggle in some way with the inability to communicate properly and resolve conflict. However, proper communication is essential to a Christ-centered home because it is the means by which a husband-wife relationship and parent-child relationship is established, grows, and is maintained.
That’s why I’m excited to tell you about a one-day conference, Life-Building Communication in the Home, being hosted November 5th by Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Heights, OH. Together, we’ll discover what is at the heart of our communication problems, learn biblical ways to improve our communication, minimize conflicts, and much more.
- Life-Building Communication in the Home – Part I
- Life-Building Communication in the Home – Part II
- Being Eager to Maintain Unity
Breakout Sessions (Pick 2)
- Enhancing Communication with Your Husband
- Enhancing Communication with Your Wife
- Effectively Communicating with Your Teenager
- Reproving Children Biblicaly
- Peacemaking and Conflict Resolution in the Home
- Parenting from Proverbs