Over the summer, I’ve been busy with a number of ministry projects which I never looked for, but were brought to me in the Lord’s providence. One of these projects was to design a course entitled The Theological Basis for Biblical Counseling for a new online Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Counseling from The Master’s University. Choosing textbooks, filming videos, and creating assignments have all been parts of the process, and I’m now pleased to be able to tell you about this new degree program.
This degree is designed to equip the Christian adult with the principles and procedures of biblical counseling in order to further prepare them for service in their local church. Grounded in the Word of God and aimed at the building up of the saints, this course of study emphasizes the sufficiency of God’s Word to meet the needs of everyday life. Students will also be prepared for the ACBC (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors) exams, to move toward certification if they so desire.
Program-level Learning Outcomes
A graduate from TMC Online BA program in Biblical Counseling should be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct application of hermeneutical principles to develop an interpretation of a biblical text including a foundational working knowledge of biblical Greek.
- Explain the foundational theological principles of biblical counseling with particular focus on the doctrines of inspiration, inerrancy, and sufficiency of the Scriptures, leading to the ability to biblically interact with and respond to current trends, conceptual approaches, and practices in the counseling field.
- Explain from Scripture the role of biblical counseling within the larger work of the church; particularly its relationship to evangelism and discipleship.
- Develop a counseling methodology that effectively applies a broad range of relevant biblical passages to counselee issues; in particular core issues of the heart, and understanding the centrality of the gospel as the basis for biblical change that leads to true worship.
- Demonstrate a consistent pattern of self-reflection leading to growth in the character qualities necessary for effective biblical counseling.
For more information, list of requirements, and the 16 online courses, for this new online degree program, click here. If this degree interests you, now is the time to apply.