Many solid resources address the issue of spiritual enslavement and idolatry, i.e. addiction. Here are just a few to consider for personal study, one-to-one discipleship counseling, and your small group.
- Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave (Ed Welch)
- Breaking the Addictive Cycle (David Powlison)
- Divine Intervention: Help for Families of Addicts (Mark Shaw)
- Just One More (Ed Welch)
- HELP! He’s Struggling with Pornography (Brian Croft)
- HELP! She’s Struggling with Pornography (Rachel Coyle)
- HELP! My Kids Are Viewing Pornography (Tim Challies)
- HELP! I Can’t Get Motivated (Adam Embry)
- HELP! I Want to Change (Jim Newheiser)
- HELP! I’m a Slave to Food (Shannon McCoy)
- The Heart of Addiction (Mark Shaw), and workbook.
LOCAL CHURCH STRATEGIES & TRAINING COURSES
For more Resource pages on this site click on the “Counseling Resources” category below. Be sure to check out the 1000′s of free resources at the Biblical Counseling Coalition website.