Joel Beeke: Take Hold of Yourself and God in Prayer
by Paul Tautges | April 12, 2018 3:33 am
Yesterday, I was blessed and convicted by a message Joel Beeke preached at the Desiring God 2011 Conference for Pastors
. As Beeke reflected upon the prayer lives of the Puritans, he expounded on seven principles for private prayer.
TAKE HOLD OF YOURSELF
- Remember the Value of Prayer.
- Maintain the Priority of Prayer.
- Prayer With Sincerity.
- Cultivate a Continual Spirit of Prayer.
- Work Toward Organization in Intercessory Prayer.
- Read the Bible for Prayer.
- Keep Biblical Balance in Your Prayers.
Beeke then wraps up his message by expounding on three principles for taking hold of God in prayer.
TAKE HOLD OF GOD
- Plead God’s Promises in Prayer
- Cling to this Glorious Trinity in Prayer
- Believe that God answers prayer.
I encourage you to listen to this message.
- listen to this message: https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/cultivating-private-prayer-as-a-pastor
- [Image] Follow: http://www.specificfeeds.com/follow
- : https://twitter.com/share
- [Image] : mailto:?subject=Joel%20Beeke%3A%20Take%20Hold%20of%20Yourself%20and%20God%20in%20Prayer&body=Joel%20Beeke%3A%20Take%20Hold%20of%20Yourself%20and%20God%20in%20Prayer%20-%20http%3A%2F%2Fcounselingoneanother.com%2F2018%2F04%2F12%2Fjoel-beeke-take-hold-of-yourself-and-god-in-prayer%2F
Source URL: http://counselingoneanother.com/2018/04/12/joel-beeke-take-hold-of-yourself-and-god-in-prayer/
Copyright ©2018 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.