23 Reasons to Rejoice (Philippians)
by Paul Tautges | December 26, 2012 8:35 am
The book of Philippians has been my food for the past month, or so, in response to the encouragement of a faithful brother of mine. Having struggled my whole life with negative thought patterns, which come so easily—without any conscious effort—I am asking the Lord to train me in a pattern of joy. Perhaps this is an area where Christlike growth is needed in your heart and life too? Toward the goal of re-training our hearts, consider the following reasons to be joyful. Let this list be a starting point for you to meditate on the Word of God.
- You have grace and peace from God (1:2).
- God will finish the good work of transformation into the image of Christ that He began in you, through the gospel, at the moment of conversion (1:6).
- Fellow believers are a gift from God, partakers with you of grace (1:7).
- In Christ, you are filled with the fruit of righteousness (1:11).
- God works your circumstances to His glory (1:12).
- Christ is proclaimed, whether or not the preacher’s motives are always pure (1:18).
- Christ will be exalted in your body, whether by your life or by your death (1:20).
- Your death will be gain (1:21).
- True, likeminded believers who live in love and unity (2:2).
- Setting your mind on the humility of Christ (2:5-11).
- The privilege of serving in gospel work (2:17-18).
- One loyal friend and co-worker (2:20).
- The mercy of God in the sorrows of life (2:28-30).
- The Lord himself is reason to rejoice (3:1; 4:4).
- The surpassing value of knowing Christ (3:7-8).
- Pressing toward the goal of Christ (3:13-16).
- Your true citizenship is in heaven (3:20).
- True brothers and sisters who are loved by God and who love you (4:1).
- God hears your thankful prayers and gives you peace (4:6-7).
- Developing godly thought patterns is possible in Christ (4:8).
- You are loved by other believers (4:11).
- Contentment is yours in Christ (4:12).
- God faithfully meets your needs and the needs of your fellow believers in Christ (4:17-19).
Finally, my brothers and sisters, let us rejoice.
Source URL: https://counselingoneanother.com/2012/12/26/23-reasons-to-rejoice-philippians/
Copyright ©2021 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.