My Good Shepherd
by Paul Tautges | February 22, 2013 5:40 am
Psalm 23 is comfort food for the weary soul. Read it, meditate on it, and rest in these simple truths.
- My Shepherd adequately supplies all of my needs.
- My Shepherd is the only sure cause of contentment.
- My Shepherd leads me and satisfies my deepest thirst for wholeness.
- My Shepherd is the only one who can fully restore the inner person, my soul.
- My Shepherd desires my practical holiness and will do whatever it takes to lead me there for the sake of His Name.
- My Shepherd never leaves my side and will never forsake me.
- My Shepherd provides for my safety; therefore, I have no legitimate cause for fear.
- My Shepherd’s rod of discipline and staff of protection both bring me comfort.
- My Shepherd abundantly lavishes His grace upon me when the wolves attack.
- My Shepherd binds up my broken bones and heals my wounds; His supply and care are abundant.
- My Shepherd’s goodness and grace will be by my side from now, until death, and throughout eternity.
“I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep” (John 10:14-15).
BOOK RESOURCE: Comfort the Grieving: Ministering God’s Grace in Times of Loss
- [Image]: https://counselingoneanother.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/sheep-grazing.jpg
- Comfort the Grieving: Ministering God’s Grace in Times of Loss: http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Grieving-Ministering-Practical-Shepherding/dp/0310519330/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1444520478&sr=1-1&keywords=comfort+the+grieving
Source URL: https://counselingoneanother.com/2013/02/22/my-good-shepherd/
Copyright ©2020 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.