Forget None of His Benefits
by Paul Tautges | April 3, 2013 6:03 am
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Deliberately remember these truths from Psalm 103.
- He pardons all your iniquities.
- He heals all your diseases (if not immediately, He will when He returns).
- He redeems your life—not only your soul—from the pit (of destruction and hopelessness).
- He loves you, is kind to you, and feels compassion toward you.
- He fills you to full with good things.
- He renews your strength, causing you to soar like the eagle.
- He acts in righteousness and justice toward the oppressed (v. 7 illustrates this).
- He is compassionate.
- He is gracious.
- He is slow to anger, not short-fused.
- He abounds in lovingkindness, pours it out, not in trickles.
- He will not hold on to His anger against you (that has already been propitiated in Jesus).
- He has not treated you as your sins deserve.
- His lovingkindness is great toward those who continue to fear Him.
- He has removed your transgressions, and their punishments, far from you.
- He has compassion on your frail, weakened frame.
- His lovingkindness is eternal, from everlasting to everlasting.
- His righteousness is to children’s children, i.e. He will be faithful to His promises toward you.
- His sovereign rule remains over all, which includes every detail of your life.
Bookends of Praise: Before and after these “benefits,” the psalmist tells himself to Bless the Lord, O my soul! Let us do the same.
Source URL: https://counselingoneanother.com/2013/04/03/forget-none-of-his-benefits/
Copyright ©2023 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.