Security from the Shepherd
by Paul Tautges | November 27, 2015 7:56 am
Psalm 23 is comfort food for the weary soul. Read it, meditate on it, and rest in these simple truths.
- My Shepherd adequately supplies all of my needs.
- My Shepherd is the only sure cause of contentment.
- My Shepherd leads me and satisfies my deepest thirst for wholeness.
- My Shepherd is the only one who can fully restore the inner person, my soul.
- My Shepherd desires my practical holiness and will do whatever it takes to lead me there for the sake of His Name.
- My Shepherd never leaves my side and will never forsake me.
- My Shepherd provides for my safety; therefore, I have no legitimate cause for fear.
- My Shepherd’s rod of discipline and staff of protection both bring me comfort.
- My Shepherd abundantly lavishes His grace upon me when the wolves attack.
- My Shepherd binds up my broken bones and heals my wounds; His supply and care are abundant.
- My Shepherd’s goodness and grace will be by my side from now, until death, and throughout eternity.
“I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep” (John 10:14-15).
Source URL: https://counselingoneanother.com/2015/11/27/security-from-the-shepherd/
Copyright ©2022 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.