Commendation for the LIFELINE MINI-BOOKS
by Paul Tautges | January 27, 2018 11:30 am
It’s a privilege to serve as the series editor for the LifeLine Mini-books from Shepherd Press. Todd Friel of Wretched Radio and TV recently gave this commendation:
The Shepherd Press Help! series is the single most helpful counseling resource a church can provide for members and visitors. In an era when people are reluctant to tackle an entire book, they will happily receive a bite-sized, manageable mini-book. A church simply cannot provide a more beneficial (and evangelistic) set of resources than the Help! series. Order multiple copies and stock your foyer. Your people will be glad you did! I cannot commend the Help! series more highly!
If you are not yet familiar with this unique line of discipleship/counseling resources, here’s what other leaders are saying:
- I love the Lifeline mini-books! You can trust these resources to provide accessible, practical, and Bible-saturated help with many of the most common and perplexing problems found in our fallen world. – Dr. Heath Lambert, Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling, Boyce College and Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Executive Director the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC)
- I wholeheartedly recommend this series of mini-books. – Dr. Wayne Mack, Professor of Biblical Counseling
- Many Christian counselors are seeking helpful material that is faithful to the Scriptures. The Lifeline mini-book series is an invaluable tool in their counseling tool kit because it will genuinely help struggling Christians with practical answers that are true to the sufficient Word of God. – Dr. John Street, Chair of MABC program, The Master’s University, Santa Clarita, CA
- I highly recommend these mini-books. The series provide the unique combination of biblical truth succinctly related to specific real-life issues. They are on the cutting edge of what the Evangelical church needs today to advance God’s work in our broken world. – Dr. Bob Kellemen, Executive Director of the Biblical Counseling Coalition
- I know of nothing like the Lifeline mini-books. Few accessible writings possess such a careful balance of meaty truth and practicality. These little books address so many neglected topics with a biblical faithfulness and practical tenacity that pastors are longing to have as helpful companions in their ministries. I use many of them regularly in my local church and wait with anticipation on what needed topic will be addressed in the series next. All pastors, counselor, and leaders in the local church will be helped by keeping these little gems close by as you labor to care for the unique fallen struggles of Christ’s redeemed people. – Brian Croft, Pastor, Auburndale Baptist Church and Founder of Practical Shepherding
- These mini-books are exactly the kind of books you’d want to have available to you at church—short, biblical and inexpensive enough to give away. – Tim Challies, blogger
- These mini-books are great resources that help with the small adjustments required for change. Theologically-deep and careful in application, this series seeks to show how dependence upon the work of Christ relates to a multitude of specific troubles. – Dr. Jeremy Pierre, Assistant Professor of Practical Theology and Biblical Counseling, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and Pastor of Member Care at Clifton Baptist Church
- I encourage Christians to read the LifeLine series for two primary reasons. First, the books address each issue from a biblical, seeking-to-please God perspective presented in an easy-to-read style. Second, once a person has read a mini-book, usually it is immediately added to his ministry toolbox and used to help someone else. These are great resources, especially for biblical counselors. – Randy Patten, Director of Training & Advancement, Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC)
- These little books are directly targeted to the issues that we all face and they hit the bulls-eye. They are faithful to Scripture and they demonstrate insight into its application. Churches need to make these available for their congregations. – John MacArthur, Pastor-Teacher, Grace Community Church; President, The Master’s University and Seminary
For more about the LifeLine Mini-Books, please visit the Shepherd Press site. Some other booksellers who carry the series include Cumberland Valley Bible and Books, Biblical Counseling Books, and Christianbook.com and many others.
- LifeLine Mini-books: https://www.shepherdpress.com/store/lifeline/
- Shepherd Press site: https://www.shepherdpress.com/store/lifeline/
- Cumberland Valley Bible and Books: http://www.cvbbs.com
- Biblical Counseling Books: http://www.biblicalcounselingbooks.com
- Christianbook.com: http://www.christianbook.com
Source URL: https://counselingoneanother.com/2018/01/27/commendation-for-the-lifeline-mini-books/
Copyright ©2024 Counseling One Another unless otherwise noted.