I’m always on the lookout for good resources to encourage consistent family devotions. If you are too, then let me direct you to a helpful little book that our family really enjoyed, God’s Alphabet for Life: Devotions for Young Children. The readings are quite brief, making it ideal for use with younger children. Each chapter jumps off a key Bible verse, but I easily expanded the Scripture reading to include a larger portion of the context. What I appreciated the most about this resource is its consistent gospel call, especially its emphasis on the sinner’s need for “a new heart” and God’s provision in the gospel. If you are looking for a simple tool to jump start your dying, or dead, family devotions, try this one.
About the Author
By God’s grace, I’m a husband, dad, grandpa, and a pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Hts, OH. I love Christ because He first loved me.
THE NEWEST BOOK
“Paul has found the right passages and brought us into them so they can be brought into us.”- Ed Welch
A practical Bible study workbook for individuals and small groups…
Subscribe By Email
“I give it a hearty double-thumbs-up!” – Joni Eareckson Tada
“My wife and I just devoured it.” – Josh Weidmann
“I commend this wonderful little volume.” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“I heartily recommend this book” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“This book gets it right!” – John MacArthur
“a biblically faithful, practically helpful guide” – Brian Croft
“…one of my favorite books on prayer” – Mark Dever
“…scatters the darkness of our doubts” – David Murray
- RESOURCES: Abuse
- RESOURCES: Addictions & Habitual Sins
- RESOURCES: Adoption
- RESOURCES: Anger
- RESOURCES: Anxiety, Fear, Panic
- RESOURCES: Conflicts
- RESOURCES: Cutting & Self-Harm
- RESOURCES: Depression & Spiritual Discouragement
- RESOURCES: Disorderly Eating
- RESOURCES: Finances & Debt Reduction
- RESOURCES: Forgiveness & Bitterness
- RESOURCES: Grief, Loss, & Dying
- RESOURCES: Mental Illness
- RESOURCES: Parenting Prodigal Children
- RESOURCES: Post Traumatic Stress
- RESOURCES: Same-Sex Attractions
- RESOURCES: Suicide
“These mini-books are short, biblical, and inexpensive” – Tim Challies
Complete Set of 47 Mini-Books
- Five Reasons God Prunes Us
- Avoid Taking Communion in an "Unworthy Manner"
- Satan’s Permission to Sift You like Wheat
- Does Romans 13:8 Teach It Is a Sin to Borrow Money?
- A Dozen Reasons God Hates Lying & Liars
- What Is Sacrificial Giving?
- Eight Responsibilities of Church Members to their Leaders
- The Sin of Talking Too Much
- A Prayer for those Left Behind after Suicide