Here’s another recommended Resource List as you minister grace and truth. There are many more list links in the right-hand margin of this homepage.
BOOKS & MINI-BOOKS
- Come Back, Barbara: A Father’s Pursuit of a Prodigal Daughter (John Miller and Barbara Juliani)
- From Heartbroken to Hopeful: Gospel Hope for Parents with Prodigals (Shirley Elliot)
- It’s Not Too Late: Restoring Broken Relationships with Teenage and Adult Children (Margy Tripp)
- Lament for a Father: The Journey to Understanding and Forgiveness (Marvin Olasky) – This is a beautiful book written from the perspective of an adult son looking back with understanding and appreciation.
- Letting Go: Rugged Love for Wayward Souls (Dave Harvey, Paul Gilbert)
- Mom Guilt: Escaping its Strong Hold (Lauren Whitman)
- Prayers of a Parent for Adult Children (Kathleen Buswell Nielson)
- Prodigal Children: Hope and Help for Parents (Robert Jones)
- The Painful Path of the Prodigal (Craig Svensson)
- Wayward Children: Finding Peace, Keeping Hope, 31-day devotional (Stuart W. Scott)
- When Good Kids Make Bad Choices (Newheiser, Fitzpatrick, Hendrickson)
- PART 1: The Silent Pain and Secret Shame In Our Churches (Paul Tautges)
- PART 2: Why Do Some Children Become Prodigals? (Jim Newheiser)
- PART 3: Seven Recommendations for Parents of Prodigal Children (Robert Jones)
- PART 4: Promises for Parents of Prodigals – Romans 8:18-31 (Ernie Baker)
- A Biblical Theology of Prodigality (Parker Reardon). Video here.
- A Model for Hurting Parents (Steven Cole)
- Believing for Our Prodigals (Family Life Today)