A gentleman in our church recently told me that he has listened to this sermon many times and it has changed his life. It’s called Bitter Root, Rotten Fruit and has been downloaded over 10,000 times since it was first preached in 2011. Bitterness is often a subtle sin, which exists undetected in our hearts, but imprisons us and defiles others. Perhaps you would benefit from listening to it as well. May the Lord continue to cause us to grow in His unchanging truth and matchless grace!
About the Author
By God’s grace, I’m a husband, dad, grandpa, and a pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Hts, OH. I love Christ because He first loved me.
THE NEWEST BOOK
“Paul has found the right passages and brought us into them so they can be brought into us.”- Ed Welch
A practical Bible study workbook for individuals and small groups…
Subscribe By Email
“I give it a hearty double-thumbs-up!” – Joni Eareckson Tada
“My wife and I just devoured it.” – Josh Weidmann
“I commend this wonderful little volume.” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“I heartily recommend this book” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“This book gets it right!” – John MacArthur
“a biblically faithful, practically helpful guide” – Brian Croft
“…one of my favorite books on prayer” – Mark Dever
“…scatters the darkness of our doubts” – David Murray
- RESOURCES: Abuse
- RESOURCES: Addictions & Habitual Sins
- RESOURCES: Adoption
- RESOURCES: Anger
- RESOURCES: Anxiety, Fear, Panic
- RESOURCES: Conflicts
- RESOURCES: Cutting & Self-Harm
- RESOURCES: Depression & Spiritual Discouragement
- RESOURCES: Disorderly Eating
- RESOURCES: Finances & Debt Reduction
- RESOURCES: Forgiveness & Bitterness
- RESOURCES: Grief, Loss, & Dying
- RESOURCES: Mental Illness
- RESOURCES: Parenting Prodigal Children
- RESOURCES: Post Traumatic Stress
- RESOURCES: Same-Sex Attractions
- RESOURCES: Suicide
“These mini-books are short, biblical, and inexpensive” – Tim Challies
Complete Set of 47 Mini-Books
- Avoid Taking Communion in an "Unworthy Manner"
- Satan’s Permission to Sift You like Wheat
- Does Romans 13:8 Teach It Is a Sin to Borrow Money?
- What Is Sacrificial Giving?
- Five Reasons God Prunes Us
- A Dozen Reasons God Hates Lying & Liars
- Eight Responsibilities of Church Members to their Leaders
- Seven Truths to Affirm from Genesis 1:1-2:4
- Four Lessons from the Bronze Serpent