Six Personal Responsibilities of God-Centered Worship
Last Sunday, as we continued our From Garden to Garden sermon series, we spent our time with Solomon at the dedication of the temple in 1 Kings 8. Together, we took note of six responsibilities we must embrace in order to maintain God-centered worship.
To be God-centered in our worship we must…
- Recognize the priority and authority of the Word of God (vv. 1-9).
- Respect the glory and presence of God (vv. 10-13).
- Remember the promise-keeping character of God (vv. 14-21).
- Request a listening ear, and forgiveness, from God (vv. 22-53).
- Receive words of God’s blessing and promise (vv. 54-61).
- Respond with sacrifice and gladness in God (vv. 62-66).
You may listen to the sermon by searching on the title “God-Centered Worship” here.