To go to heaven we must have more than forgiveness. We must also possess righteousness. But where does this righteousness come from? Romans 5:12-21 simply and clearly communicates the bad news of Adam, and the good news of Jesus Christ.
- The bad news was brought into the world by a man named Adam.
- When he sinned, as the representative of the human race, all human beings sinned.
- Therefore, we stand condemned before God. The just punishment for this sentence of condemnation is eternal death.
But there is good news!
- The Good News was brought into the world by the Last Adam, the God-man, Jesus Christ.
- All who repent and come to Him by faith, trusting in Him, are given His perfect righteousness, and are justified by God.
- This declaration of “righteous” in the courtroom of heaven forever changes your legal standing before God.
- And you receive the gift of eternal life.
Whose family are you in? Listen to, or watch, the sermon, Two Adams.