Practicing Affirmation is one of only two books that I had hoped to actually read from cover to cover while on my anniversary cruise with my wife, a book that I chose because it appeared to me that it would convict me of an obvious deficiency in my life and strengthen my marriage as well as other relationships. I was not disappointed. “When our mouths are empty of praise for others, it is probably because our hearts are full of love for self.” Ouch! Those words from the Foreword, written by John Piper, stung me because they are true in my experience. I have struggled with a negative, critical spirit all my life and, therefore, I bought and read the book because I knew I needed counseling.
About the Author
By God’s grace, I’m a husband, dad, grandpa, and a pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Hts, OH. I love Christ because He first loved me.
THE NEWEST BOOK
“Paul has found the right passages and brought us into them so they can be brought into us.”- Ed Welch
A practical Bible study workbook for individuals and small groups…
Subscribe By Email
“I give it a hearty double-thumbs-up!” – Joni Eareckson Tada
“My wife and I just devoured it.” – Josh Weidmann
“I commend this wonderful little volume.” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“I heartily recommend this book” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“This book gets it right!” – John MacArthur
“a biblically faithful, practically helpful guide” – Brian Croft
“…one of my favorite books on prayer” – Mark Dever
“…scatters the darkness of our doubts” – David Murray
- RESOURCES: Abuse
- RESOURCES: Addictions & Habitual Sins
- RESOURCES: Adoption
- RESOURCES: Anger
- RESOURCES: Anxiety, Fear, Panic
- RESOURCES: Conflicts
- RESOURCES: Cutting & Self-Harm
- RESOURCES: Depression & Spiritual Discouragement
- RESOURCES: Disorderly Eating
- RESOURCES: Finances & Debt Reduction
- RESOURCES: Forgiveness & Bitterness
- RESOURCES: Grief, Loss, & Dying
- RESOURCES: Mental Illness
- RESOURCES: Parenting Prodigal Children
- RESOURCES: Post Traumatic Stress
- RESOURCES: Same-Sex Attractions
- RESOURCES: Suicide
“These mini-books are short, biblical, and inexpensive” – Tim Challies
Complete Set of 47 Mini-Books
- Satan’s Permission to Sift You like Wheat
- Avoid Taking Communion in an "Unworthy Manner"
- A Dozen Reasons God Hates Lying & Liars
- Does Romans 13:8 Teach It Is a Sin to Borrow Money?
- Five Reasons God Prunes Us
- What Is Sacrificial Giving?
- Eight Responsibilities of Church Members to their Leaders
- The Sin of Talking Too Much
- Four Lessons from the Bronze Serpent