It was a couple years ago, while finishing up my own book on grief ministry, the Lord brought a wonderful book across my path. From Grief to Glory [Banner of Truth Trust, 2008] is a masterful work written by a man who has definitely been there. In this compassionate, biblical look at one of the most painful trials that we may ever experience, James Bruce takes us on a journey through church history, introducing us to the suffering of many of God’s most prominent servants. Buy this book for yourself—it will make you a better counselor. If you know someone who has lost a child, buy this book for them and give them the gift of God’s comfort contained in this small treasure.
About the Author
By God’s grace, I’m a husband, dad, grandpa, and a pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Hts, OH. I love Christ because He first loved me.
THE NEWEST BOOK
“Paul has found the right passages and brought us into them so they can be brought into us.”- Ed Welch
A practical Bible study workbook for individuals and small groups…
Subscribe By Email
“I give it a hearty double-thumbs-up!” – Joni Eareckson Tada
“My wife and I just devoured it.” – Josh Weidmann
“I commend this wonderful little volume.” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“I heartily recommend this book” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“This book gets it right!” – John MacArthur
“a biblically faithful, practically helpful guide” – Brian Croft
“…one of my favorite books on prayer” – Mark Dever
“…scatters the darkness of our doubts” – David Murray
- RESOURCES: Abuse
- RESOURCES: Addictions & Habitual Sins
- RESOURCES: Adoption
- RESOURCES: Anger
- RESOURCES: Anxiety, Fear, Panic
- RESOURCES: Conflicts
- RESOURCES: Cutting & Self-Harm
- RESOURCES: Depression & Spiritual Discouragement
- RESOURCES: Disorderly Eating
- RESOURCES: Finances & Debt Reduction
- RESOURCES: Forgiveness & Bitterness
- RESOURCES: Grief, Loss, & Dying
- RESOURCES: Mental Illness
- RESOURCES: Parenting Prodigal Children
- RESOURCES: Post Traumatic Stress
- RESOURCES: Same-Sex Attractions
- RESOURCES: Suicide
“These mini-books are short, biblical, and inexpensive” – Tim Challies
Complete Set of 47 Mini-Books
- Satan’s Permission to Sift You like Wheat
- Avoid Taking Communion in an "Unworthy Manner"
- What Is Sacrificial Giving?
- The Sin of Talking Too Much
- Does Romans 13:8 Teach It Is a Sin to Borrow Money?
- A Dozen Reasons God Hates Lying & Liars
- Five Reasons God Prunes Us
- A Dad Talks with His Son about Masturbation
- Eight Responsibilities of Church Members to their Leaders