Here’s what some pastors, counselors, and Christian leaders have said about the companion books: Counseling One Another and Discipling the Flock.
“These books get it right! Comprehensive and convincing, Counsel One Another and Counsel Your Flock show how true biblical counseling and preaching fit hand-in-glove. Those who preach, teach, or counsel regularly are sure to benefit greatly from these helpful resources.”
– Dr. John MacArthur, pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, California; author; and Bible teacher on the Grace to You radio program
“Paul Tautges’s books are readable, accessible, practical, and biblical. More than just handbooks for Christian counselors, Counseling One Another and Discipling the Flock encourage and enable the church to address the need for biblical discipleship. Loaded with information and application, these are excellent for all Christians who are seeking to grow in grace and take their rightful place in the body of Christ.”
– Dr. Jim Winter, UK pastor for over twenty-five years, international lecturer, and author of Opening up Ecclesiastes, Depression: A Rescue Plan, and Travel with William Booth
“A gathering storm surrounds the day in which we live, a dark hour in which the absolute sufficiency of the Scripture has come under attack. But how refreshing—and rare—to see a book like this that asserts the irresistible power of God’s Word to develop true discipleship by the sovereign working of His Spirit. These are not ‘trendy books’ like so many, blown about by the prevailing evangelical winds. Rather, here is an anchor for authentic ministry that will stimulate real spiritual growth in God’s people. May the Lord set an open door before these books and use them to affect the lives of many.”
– Dr. Steven J. Lawson, Senior Pastor, Christ Fellowship Baptist Church, Mobile, Alabama; speaker; and author of many books, including Famine in the Land, The Expository Genius of John Calvin, and Foundations of Grace
“The ministry of counseling has for too long been relegated to the professional counselor. Paul Tautges brings the biblical command for discipleship right back to the local church and to all believers. He takes the word “counseling,” a word often perceived as being for professionals only (and threatening to average church laymen), and helps to reduce that fear, encouraging believers to fulfill their responsibility by uniquely redefining this ministry biblically as intensely focused and personal discipleship. Rather than send people who are struggling spiritually, socially, and emotionally to a limited group of professionals, Tautges makes the case theologically that all church members have the responsibility to disciple one another and restore hurting people. He makes it clear that it is not just pastors who are responsible for counseling, but it is a “one-another-ministry” for all who claim the name of Christ. Counseling One Another and Discipling the Flock are must-reads for all pastors and believers who take Matthew 28 and discipleship in the local church seriously.”
– Dr. Ron Allchin, NANC Fellow, Executive Director of the Biblical Counseling Center, Arlington Heights, Illinois, and author of Ripening Sonship
“Like their pastors, most Christians have adopted a professionalized or psychologized view of counseling that naturally excludes uneducated laity. This is why I believe that Counseling One Another and its companion, Discipling the Flock, address a serious deficiency in the discipleship ministry of Christians within the church. It advocates a radical departure from the status quo and a return to an authentic personal ministry of the Word among Christians through discipleship counseling. It effectively lays the theological foundation for Christians regaining the New Testament priority of addressing personal soul troubles with biblical counsel.”
– Dr. John D. Street, Chair, Graduate Program in Biblical Counseling, The Master’s College and Seminary, Santa Clarita, California
Get all of my books at Cumberland Valley Bible & Books.