Top 5 Dead Authors
This morning it was a joy to spend some time at one of my all-time favorite Christian booksellers, Cumberland Valley Bible & Books in Carlisle, PA. Their website has been a personal favorite of mine since the mid-90’s when I was introduced to their wonderful selection of books at the Bethlehem Conference for Pastors in Minneapolis.
Carlisle is a borough in and the county seat of the beautifully picturesque Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. The name is locally pronounced as in British English with emphasis on the second syllable. Here, Todd and Patty Jennings continue to faithfully serve the Lord through their bookselling business. While speaking with Patty, I asked her to name their 5 top-selling dead authors. Here’s her answer:
- Charles H. Spurgeon (1834 – 1892), pastor of the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London.
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899 – 1981), pastor of Westminster Chapel in London.
- Arthur W. Pink (1886 – 1952) studied at Moody Bible Institute before pastoring several churches in the U.S. before returning to his homeland in England.
- Thomas Watson (c. 1620 – 1686), Puritan pastor in England.
- James Montgomery Boice (1938 – 2000), pastor of Tenth Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia, PA.
Spend some time perusing the great selection of writings by these faithful men at the CVBBS website.