Thankfulness is the attitude of prayer. “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving” (Col 4:2). Thankfulness is a mindset. As such, it is a remedy for worry. Phil 4:6-7 tells us we need to “be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Why did Paul add the words, “with thanksgiving?” It is because an anxious spirit cannot coexist with a thankful spirit. Thankful prayer drives worry out of our minds and guards our hearts by not allowing anxiety to re-enter.
About the Author
By God’s grace, I’m a husband, dad, grandpa, and a pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Hts, OH. I love Christ because He first loved me.
THE NEWEST BOOK
“Paul has found the right passages and brought us into them so they can be brought into us.”- Ed Welch
A practical Bible study workbook for individuals and small groups…
Subscribe By Email
“I give it a hearty double-thumbs-up!” – Joni Eareckson Tada
“My wife and I just devoured it.” – Josh Weidmann
“I commend this wonderful little volume.” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“I heartily recommend this book” – Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
“This book gets it right!” – John MacArthur
“a biblically faithful, practically helpful guide” – Brian Croft
“…one of my favorite books on prayer” – Mark Dever
“…scatters the darkness of our doubts” – David Murray
- RESOURCES: Abuse
- RESOURCES: Addictions & Habitual Sins
- RESOURCES: Adoption
- RESOURCES: Anger
- RESOURCES: Anxiety, Fear, Panic
- RESOURCES: Conflicts
- RESOURCES: Cutting & Self-Harm
- RESOURCES: Depression & Spiritual Discouragement
- RESOURCES: Disorderly Eating
- RESOURCES: Finances & Debt Reduction
- RESOURCES: Forgiveness & Bitterness
- RESOURCES: Grief, Loss, & Dying
- RESOURCES: Mental Illness
- RESOURCES: Parenting Prodigal Children
- RESOURCES: Post Traumatic Stress
- RESOURCES: Same-Sex Attractions
- RESOURCES: Suicide
“These mini-books are short, biblical, and inexpensive” – Tim Challies
Complete Set of 47 Mini-Books
- Avoid Taking Communion in an "Unworthy Manner"
- Satan’s Permission to Sift You like Wheat
- Does Romans 13:8 Teach It Is a Sin to Borrow Money?
- What Is Sacrificial Giving?
- Five Reasons God Prunes Us
- A Dozen Reasons God Hates Lying & Liars
- Eight Responsibilities of Church Members to their Leaders
- Seven Truths to Affirm from Genesis 1:1-2:4
- Four Lessons from the Bronze Serpent