In this new podcast episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell and I discuss what it means to embrace our complete identity in Christ. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• What does “Christian identity” mean and what’s it completely comprised of?
• What is a secular understanding of a person’s identity, and how does it differ from what the Scriptures teach?
• What does it mean to “practice our position in Christ” as a saint?
• What does it mean to “rest in our provision in Christ” as a sinner?
• What does it mean to “submit to our purification in Christ” as a sufferer?
• What does it mean to be “born again to a living hope” as a saint in Christ and what difference does that make in our everyday struggles?
• How does resting in our provision in Christ as a sinner help us when we’re struggling to extend forgiveness to someone?
• What does submitting to our purification in Christ as sufferers have to do with experiencing the consequences of sinful choices?
• What role does the local church play in helping individuals better understand and embrace their complete identity in Christ?